Monday, February 4, 2013

Round Up for 4 Feb 2013

I've figured out I don't have enough thoughts to have a closing though every day, but I still though it'd be a good idea to put my posts up in one list for those that check out the blog at the end of their days.

Round Up:

- SOTD: Transatlanticism by Death Cab for Cutie. I've heard people say that this was the last good Death Cab album, and while it is great album The Open Door EP is really really good. Of course four new songs do not an album make.

- It's great we're talking to the Syrians, but who are we really talking to and more importantly who do they speak for? Also, reading the blip about Syrian rebels receiving messages from the tribal region nearly has me turned around on a broader US mission in the country.

- Prof. John Sides ruins many pundits' narrative on gerrymandering, but I think he's missing the forest for the trees a bit with his empirical analysis.

- Who doesn't love a big thought piece on Iran, George Orwell, and dystopian literature? Also, if you're a dystopian fan, I'd have to recommend We by Yevgeny Zamyatin as a worthy, but oft over looked part of the cannon.


No comments:

Post a Comment