Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Of Couse the U.S. Should Debrief Rodman

Over at Foreign Policy's Passport blog there is a guest post from Victor Cha that summarizes the weird and patronizing happenings in the wake of Dennis Rodman's visit to North Korea. It's a cold day in hell when I hear about a the same new story by reading Foreign Policy and watching Pardon the Interruption and yet this is what Rodman's visit has achieved.

Also, color me incredulous, but was there really a blog post devoted to the notion that the U.S. should debrief Mr. Rodman? Did we really need a guest author to tell us that's a good idea? I think it's a big "duh" moment. No American, to my knowledge, has gotten to so close to Kim Jong Un. I feel like it'd be a dereliction of duty on the part of the US government to not debrief Mr. Rodman.

This isn't to knock Mr. Cha for saying so, but did the editors at FP not think this was the sort of thing they could advocate for on their own? And I realize the irony of being incredulous to the thought we need a blog post that says we should debrief the Worm, and voicing those concerns in a blog post echoing what I think is obvious. What can I say? I need the page hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment